Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Catching up: pictures from my first week in Nicaragua

This is me with my mission president and his wife on my first night in Nicaragua. I had flown in only hours earlier, met my comp and the APs, and my mission president and his wife, of course, and they took us to dinner at Rosti-Pollos, a pretty ritzy place for Nicaragua. I still didn't speak Spanish too well, I was overwhelmed and tired because I'd woken up at 3:30 and traveled all day, and yet I still felt great being with them. They're my surrogate parents and my ecclesiatical leaders for the next 18 months.


This is a "family" photo in the Tisey Reserve on my first pday. Trainers are always "mom" or "dad," and your first District Leader is your "dad" too. So, here I am with Hermana Corzantes and Elder Giron, both of whom are rather short. Just goes to show that with genes, you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment